Thursday, October 20, 2016

Ducks

So I've decided to be happy.  And alone.  But that's a different story that is altogether tied up with the happiness thing.  I work a lot and when I am not working I spend an overly indulgent amount of time in front of the TV becoming too emotionally invested in the characters.  Sometimes I drink wine on my balcony overlooking a pond at 2 in the afternoon and sometimes I go for a run that ends at the fitness center and work out.  Sometimes I cook myself a respectable supper and sometimes I just eat ice cream.  I sleep and don't sleep at all hours.  I text and call my friends back home and sometimes I don't talk to anyone for a day or two.

Its both exhilarating and terrifying to be, almost entirely, alone.  I do everything in my own time or not at all.  It is said that one can never be truly alone but I think that loneliness is more of a feeling that an actual existence. And I am happy, or rather I am working on finding out what that means for me.  So for now, I am will watch the ducks and drink my wine.

No comments:

Post a Comment